Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Sauce - Grilling makes everything taste better and these Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Sauce are proof of that!
I don't know how you feel about artichokes. I mean, if you think you can have feelings for a vegetable. But I can tell you I want to marry one! I think it would be a toss up between artichokes and asparagus really, so who ever brings the biggest ring wins I guess. Am I crazy? Don't answer that! Food just does it for me....obviously right?
When I was growing up my mother always said that she could get me to eat any vegetable under the sun until I went to school and wasn't home for lunches with her, which is when I was supposedly the wonder child vegetable eater. After I began school the only meal I ate at home, with vegetables available for consumption, was dinner. It was, at that point she says, I realized my father (whom I adored...yes I was a Daddy's girl) refused to eat just about any form of vegetable. The only things my Mom could get by him were asparagus and spinach, both canned *yuck* and potatoes in any form, size, or variety. So needless to say they were the only things I would eat as well.
Once I was a bit older my Mom brought home this strange looking green thing. I had never tried or even seen an artichoke. She told she was making them for dinner. I laughed. She made them. I devoured them!! It was right then and there I knew I wanted to marry an artichoke! It wasn't until much later, when I began eating the non-canned version of asparagus, that I started cheating on my beloved artichoke.
Anyway, long crazy story short, I passed my love for artichokes on to my son but not my daughter. Kevin tolerated them so I could indulge occasionally, but he, like my daughter, was not a big fan. That was until I decided to grill them. Oh, trust me, I was getting the usual sighs and grumbles because I was making artichokes for the side veggie. He scoffed at the whole grilling idea. But once those bad boys came off the grill and were topped with the lemon garlic sauce. Well he sang a new tune and joined in my love for the artichoke. But alas, it is too late....... I am marrying it!!
Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- Halve the artichokes. Using a tablespoon or other large metal spoon, scrape the fuzzy choke and purple leaves out. Lay the artichoke halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Rub them with a bit of the olive oil and press the minced garlic between the leaves. Squeeze the juice of both lemons into a bowl (save the lemon rinds) with the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the halves in the olive oil/lemon mixture.
- Meanwhile place the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove to a small bowl and place in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Once it boils add a salt and the lemon rinds. Place the artichoke halves into the pot and boil for 20 minutes. Remove from the water, drain, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Place the artichoke halves on the grill cut side down and grill, basting with the remaining olive oil mixture. Turn artichoke halves every 5 minutes until they begin to char. Remove from the grill.
- Top with the sauce.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: artichoke, garlic, greek yogurt, lemon, grilling, appetizer
Do You Shop Amazon?When you start your Amazon shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see?Let's stay connected!