My obsession with pumpkin has been well documented over the last few weeks. Between Pumpkin Applesauce, Pumpkin BBQ Sauce, and 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese, I have been literally dreaming about different ways to use pumpkin in new and exciting ways.
I dream of food,
It is a hazard of being a food blogger.
Either that or I am just very strange.
Let's not debate that OK?
So you know that when I found out the theme for this weeks Sunday Supper was "Squashin' Winter" I was a very happy camper.
Oh, for a moment, I did harbor the idea of using different ingredient.
Maybe butternut, maybe acorn, but heck, I would felt like I was cheating if I went any other direction.
So pumpkin it was!
I still wanted to use ingredients that were seasonal. So sweet potato came to mind as well.
I have been wanting to do a twice baked sweet potato for quite some time. I had thought about going a sweeter route with it. But when I decided to use pumpkin, I knew I wanted to stick to savory.
And that, my foodie friends, is how I decided to make this dish.
Oddly enough, at least for lately, everyone was on the same wavelength with me and thought this sounded really good.
Little did we know that it wouldn't be good
A M A Z I N G!!!
My son even took some to his girlfriend at work and they just about had to physically wrestle it out of the hands of their boss.
Tell me that didn't make me feel pretty ding dang good!!
I can guarantee you that I will be making these potatoes many many more times this season!
Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground nutmeg, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and place them directly on the oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool briefly.
Carefully cut each potato in half and scoop out the inside, being careful not to tear the skin. Combine the sweet potato with the other ingredients and spoon it into the skins.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Now give a look see to all of the other fabulous squash recipes prepared by the Sunday Supper contributors:
Breakfasts and Breads
- Maple Butternut Squash Donuts from Mess Makes Food
- Pumpkin Sweet Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired from Soni's Food
- Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Lamb from girlichef
- Quick Pumpkin Butter from Shockingly Delicious
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili from Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Grilled Cheese from Ruffles & Truffles
- Butternut Squash Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hearty Quinoa Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash from Citronlimette
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Black Bean Soup (Dairy free) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Squash and Sesame Noodle Salad from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas from The Dinner-Mom
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna from Hip Foodie Mom
- Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Pumpkin Alfredo from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Enchiladas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Risotto with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Pecans from The Weekend Gourmet
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprout Pizza from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Messy Baker
- Spaghetti Squash in a Creamy Sausage Sauce from Cookin' Mimi
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi from Pescetarian Journal
- Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Cranberries from Noshing With The Nolands
- Butternut Squash and Apple Crumble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chorizo and Craisin Stuffed Acorn Squash from Family Foodie
- Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash from The Urban Mrs
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese from Big Bear's Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic Vinegar Honey Butter from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Squash and Apples from Mama's Blissful Bites
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Chipotle Butternut Squash Fries from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Browned Butter Frosting from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. - See more at: http://www.girlichef.com/2013/11/PumpkinHummusSpicedLamb.html#sthash.NEgz8izW.dpuf