Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins - Can't decide between a brownie or cheesecake for your dessert? No worries! Just give one of the moist little treats a try!
My mother used to make cream cheese brownies when I was a kid. My Dad and I actually begged her, quite often, to make them. Ooey gooey rich chocolate, with a sweet cream cheese middle. OhhEmmGeee they were good. Aahhh be still my heart!
Fast forward uummmm a few years. Now I am a food blogger, designing recipes from flavors I love.
Please explain to me why, up until now, I had yet to make my childhood favorite?
Explain it to me, because I am completely clueless here!
Then I got a wild hair to make Spiced Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. But still had not made my Mom's specialty.
Finally the light bulb went off! I think I need to check that bulb.
Now my mind is working. I wanted to update my Mom's recipe, but still have that brownie like goodness that would bring back my fond memories.
If you saw my post for Cinnamon Sugar "Duffins" you know I like to play around with combining different ideas, so that was the basis for these little beauties.
They have all of the moistness of a brownie, filled with cheesecakey goodness, all in a neat little muffin package.
With one bite I fell in love with them.
I ask you, how could that be wrong?
If loving them is wrong, I don't want to be right.
OK, that was a tad cheesy I know, but it got my point across didn't it?
1 year ago - Breakfast Pasta AKA Pasta Carbonara
2 years ago - Loaded Potato Soup
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, milk, and egg. Add the liquid mixture to the dry. stirring just until moist. Don't over mix.
- Reserve 3/4 cup batter. Spoon the remaining batter evenly into the baking cups.
- With a handheld electric mixer, blend together the cream cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and egg yolk, in a medium bowl, until well combined. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto each muffin, using the back of the spoon to smooth it down. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining muffin mixture. Using a toothpick swirl the muffin batter and cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges are firm. Tops will be slightly rounded. Cool in the muffin pan on a wire rack.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Tags: muffin, cheesecake, chocolate chips, cream cheese, dessert
Do You Shop Amazon?When you start your Amazon shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!