I am a big sucker for Valentines Day.
Call me a hopeless romantic, but I get all warm and fuzzy inside when it rolls around.
I love to lay in on pretty thick.
I have been know to surprise my sweetie with a house full of balloons, stuffed animals, flowers, gifts, cards, and a romantic dinner ready on the table.
Naaa I am just getting warmed up.
I have cupid on speed dial!!
So when this weeks Sunday Supper theme was announced, Valentine's Recipe for Two, you know I was giddy as a school girl.
Then the wheels started turning
What to make?
Think think think.
It didn't take me too long to come up with an idea.
My guy loves seafood.
I tossed around a few ideas.
Muscles, lobster, clams in white wine, and then it hit me. He loves scallops and we haven't had them in forever. They aren't super pricey, so know worries on breaking the budget either.
OK since I had thought about clams in white wine, I decided on using white wine for the base of the sauce for my scallops and you can never go wrong with pasta right?
This along with some nice crusty french bread and a glass of white wine was a perfect romantic meal.
1 cup dry white wine
1 large shallot, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
Fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 pound large sea scallops
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the linguine for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, combine the white wine, shallot, lemon juice, and ginger and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Return wine mixture to skillet. Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add the butter, stirring until it melts. Stir in tomato, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked linguine and toss well. Cover and keep warm.
Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with teaspoon salt. Place the scallops in the skillet and cook cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add scallops to pasta mixture, toss gently to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.