Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette - Sweet strawberries, tangy goat cheese, toasted walnuts, and a kiss of onion flavor, make this spinach salad a true winner!
I have been chomping at the bit to make a salad like this ever since my chives started blooming.
I mean look at those gorgeous little puffs of purple? So cute, and sooooo tasty!
I am not the only one that thinks so either. You should have seen the battle of wills that went on between myself and a pesky bee that was hanging around.
He realllllllly didn't want to share those blossoms with me. No way, no how!! He dive bombed me a few times trying to chase me away. RUDE!! I didn't take them all. Sheesh!
But there was no man, or animal, nor annoying little insect, that was going to keep me from making this salad. My taste buds had already been planning it for days before it happened.
Do you ever do that?
Please tell me you do!
Do you imagine a meal or dish, how it will look and taste, well before you make it? I mean like dream about it in technicolor with flavor and smell-o-vision?
Well, trust me, this salad was everything that I hoped it would be and more!
I love food that looks good, tastes good, and is good for you. When I can eat as much as I want of something I am always a happy camper.
So with all of the BBQ and heavy potato and macaroni salads going around this weekend, give yourself a treat and pile yourself up a plate of this gorgeous goodness!
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Agave nectar (o other sweetener) to taste
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh baby spinach
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Walnut halves, toasted
- Chive blossoms
- Combine Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, blackberry preserves, extra virgin olive oil, agave nectar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Toss baby spinach with the strawberries, feta, toasted walnuts, and blackberry vinaigrette. Pile on a plate and garnish with the chive blossoms.
Tags: balsamic vinegar, blackberry, chive, feta cheese, Healthy Dishes, salad dressing, Sauces and Spices, Soups and Salads, spinach, strawberry, walnuts
Do You Shop Amazon?Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!