I have been going through a lunch time rut lately.
I have burned myself out on salads, lettuce, macaroni, potato, or otherwise. Sandwiched are a bust, as well as wraps. I get like this sometimes, and then I do the worst thing possible, I go without eating because I am not enthused.
I become that little kid that drives Mom crazy because they stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open. Peering in like they are hoping something good to eat with miraculously appear inside. Helloooooooooooo is there anybody in there?Then I found these flatbread pizza crusts and was soooo excited. OK, I know I am easily amused but work with me here people.
I knew I had leftover Garlic Scape Pesto at home, so that was the first plan that fell into place with these little beauties. But if you have a garden at home, the options for them are never ending. A bit of cheese, some sliced veggies, pesto, balsamic reduction, marinara? BOOM you have an awesome lunch in no time flat.
So yes, I have developed a little bit of an addiction to these guys and am going to just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts. Who knows when I will get bored again?
1 year ago - Apple Cider, Rosemary, and Garlic Brined Chicken
2 years ago - Fresh Raspberry Lemonade (Boozy)
3 years ago - Angry Mussels with Garlic Cheese Bread
Garlic Scape Pesto Flatbread
- 2 FlatOut Flatbread Pizza Crusts
- 1/4 cup Garlic Scape Pesto
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 marinated mozzarella balls
- Several small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and scatter halved grape tomatoes on top. Bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven, dot with Garlic Scape Pesto and marinated mozzarella balls.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the pork chops over and baste the Remove from the oven and top with basil leaves.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 12 mins.
Tags: pizza, garlic scapes, pesto, tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese, Appetizers and Starters, 10 Ingredients or Less,