Aaahhh my dear foodie friends. This weeks Sunday Supper is being hosted by the fabulous Connie from Foodie Army Wife, and is all about the party. Not like woohoooo let's partay. I am talking about that nice get together with friends or family, or friends AND family if you aren't afraid of all of them in the same room sharing stories about you. Hhhmmmmm that's food for thought. Ya ummmmmm, let's keep them separate for now shall we?
Anywho, as I was saying, Sunday Supper's theme this week is Tantalizing Trays. Oohhh just the sound of that makes me feel all fancy pants. Except currently I am wearing sweats so ya, not so much.
Was that over share? I mean aren't sweat pants the uniform of the day for food bloggers? Or is that just me? I promise I will change before the party!
I am not sure if you know, but yesterday, according to The Nibble, was National Bacon Day. Which, to a food blogger, is a holy day. I mean seriously? A day set aside to celebrate that wonderful porky, salty, tasty loveliness that is bacon? Aaaahhh yes! I even wore clean sweat pants!!
In the days leading up to this foodalicious holiday, major amounts of bacon were cooked and consumed in my kitchen. Nowwwww you are getting the whole sweat pants thing aren't ya? I made BLT Potato Salad, Crab Puppies (which contain crab, bacon, AND beer!), and yesterday it was BLT Hot Dogs which were simple but OhhEmmmGeeee awesome ❤!!
Then I made these bad boys, and trust me they are baaaaaaaaaaaaaad boys because I seriously wanted to eat the whole tray myself. That is 24 crostini people! That is how amazeballs these babies are. I guess I shouldn't make things like this when I am alone right? But when I have a big spread of food I have cooked up for the blog, and Kevin isn't here to dig in with me, my mother suddenly pops into my head and I hear her telling me that I shouldn't waste food because there are starving children in Africa so I had to clean my plate. At 10 years old I used to argue with her and whine for hours. I also told her once that I would be happy to box my Brussels sprouts up and ship 'em to those hungry kids. Notice I said once? Ya, I couldn't sit down for a while after that sassy little moment. Now, at 50 years old, I finally am respecting her wishes. (OK let's go with that). So I had to eat them! Plus, I didn't have a box handy to ship them in.
The basil mayonnaise in these is enough in itself to send me over the moon. I could slather that all over everything I eat for the next month with no complaints. It is creamy, and garlicy and basily, and yes I am making up words right now but it is my blog so I am entitled. Plus how in the heck am I supposed to get their deliciousness across to you without them? I mean, I wish you could just lick your screen, but that would be weird. Plus if you are currently at work it might just land you in the bosses office with them wanting you to pee in a little cup.
1 year ago - California Burgers with Spicy Red Onion Aioli2 years ago - Shrimp Fra Diavolo
3 years ago - Sweet and Spicy Peach Salsa
BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh basil (packed), plus 1/2 cup chopped for garnish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced, plus 1 peeled clove
- Kosher salt
- 1 baguette
- 6 slices of bacon
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine 2 cups basil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and cut into approx 2-inch pieces (should have 24 pieces). Reserve bacon fat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette into 24 1-inch slices and brush with the bacon fat on both sides.
- Bake the bread slices until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven and rub one side with the peeled clove of garlic. Set aside.
- Season tomato halves with salt and pepper.
- Spread each bread slice with some of the basil mayonnaise, top with a slice of bacon and then a grape tomato half. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: bread, bacon, tomato, basil, garlic, appetizer
Now let's get on with the party and see what the other members of the Sunday Supper crew have cooked up for you.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.