Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
I also received a bottle of their Sweet Red. The Sweet Red is a smooth wine with the flavor of dark red fruits. It pairs wonderfully with all of the smoked meats we have been cooking up lately.
When I opened the Riesling I was immediately struck by the lovely floral scent. The whole family was eager to give it a little taste, so I passed a small glass of the wine around. The first thing we all commented on was the flavors of peach and citrus. It was so light and refreshing. Then I had to remind everyone that the rest of the bottle was off limits until I decided what I was going to make. They were not happy with me.
Crossing my fingers I set to the task of adapting the recipe and making the ice cream. I loved the fact that it was a no-churn recipe, and included only 3 ingredients, but was worried that it would not do this delicious wine justice. So after whipping the ingredients together, and placing them in the freezer to chill, I spent several hours not so patiently waiting to give my creation a try.
What is the verdict? Well, after the entire family had the opportunity to give it a taste, the consensus was - Why hadn't I made more? It is amazing! We enjoyed it with a few fresh berries plus a little splash of more wine on top.
I think, not only is this ice cream our new favorite dessert but, Gallo Riesling is our new favorite wine. Whether pairing it with grilled meats, savoring it in this lovely dessert, or just enjoying a glass while relaxing with the family, to me, it is pure summertime in a bottle!
White Wine Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling
- 3 heaping tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Add the wine and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in the heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Pour mixture into a plastic container with a lid and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with seasonal fruits and a splash of the Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling.
Total time: 4 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: white wine, sugar, heavy cream, Gallo Family Vineyards, #SundaySupper, Desserts and Sweets, ice cream, Labor Day Beverages:
Sunday Supper Recipes with GFV Riesling or Sweet Red Blend:
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida's Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.