This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Which usually happens without a phone call, or better yet a call from down the street,
“Mom we are on our way”.
Oh, I have 15 minutes to prepare? Sweet, thanks!! *sigh* But even when it is just the two of us, sometimes coming up with dinner plans through the week can leave me drawing a blank with no energy to be “chefy”. I know, I know, how does a food blogger not have meals planned? Don’t ask. It seems to be an occupational hazard.
One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 8 ounces uncooked short cut pasta (I used campanelle)
- 1 pouch McCormick Taco Skillet Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 hard taco or tostada shells, crumbled (can also use tortilla chips)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Chopped green onion
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until no pink remains. Add the pasta, McCormick Skillet Sauce, crushed tomatoes, black beans, and chicken stock. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover until pasta is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in the taco shells and 1 cup of the cheese and gently toss to combine. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, chopped tomato, and green onion.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: chicken, tomato, black beans, cheese, green onion, taco shells, tortilla chips, #SundaySupper, McCormick Skillet Sauce, Main Dishes, Budget Meals,
Not sure which of the flavors you want to try first? Well McCormick has that covered for you with their FlavorPrint app. I had so much fun with it. After answering several questions about the flavors I enjoy, how I like to cook, and ingredients I typically have on hand, it came up with a FlavorPrint profile and gave me personalized recommendations and recipe and product suggestions.
Want more recipe ideas? Check out McCormick’s website and Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board.
You can also connect with them on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Now check out the other McCormick Skillet Sauce recipes from the Sunday Supper team.
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco's with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini "Noodles" by Amee's Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I'm Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks