Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Couscous Casserole is the perfect weeknight meal made with boneless chicken tenders, salsa, couscous, and lots and lots of cheese!
I watch a ton, and I mean a TON of food TV. It is on pretty much 24/7 at my house and one of my favorite shows is Chopped. I love trying to figure out what I would make with the ingredients in their baskets. I have to admit sometimes, oh who am I kidding a LOT of the time, I am stumped. I mean what do you do with pork tenderloin and black licorice? Yikes! I love them both, but not together!
So you can imagine how excited I was to be invited to participate in a home version of Chopped. Yup, I was given 4 ingredients, and had to figure out what to make with them.
- Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- Boneless chicken tenders
You gotta admit that is right up my alley right? I am "Miss I Love Mexican Food", so color me all shades of happy!
Thank the Lord that I didn't end up with some kind of funky animal parts...or black licorice!
I gotta tell you, it was kinda fun tossing a bunch of ingredients into a baking dish hoping to create a masterpiece.
It’s kinda fun and exciting but a tad nerve wracking when you’re not sure if the recipe is going to flop or come out as the perfect meal.
In this case….it’s perfect.
You know Sargento only uses 100% real, delicious, natural off the block cheese right? Welp gang, Sargento is inviting you to take on their “Chopped at Home” challenge using the same ingredients that I have to use. Yes YOU! Come on, you know you want to do it. Plus you can win $10,000 bucks! So hellooooooo grab that apron and get yer rear in that kitchen!
What dish would you submit for the "Chopped at Home" challenge featuring Sargento cheese?
1 year ago - Mushroom Swiss Cheeseburger Macaroni
2 years ago - Spaghetti with Marinara and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
3 years ago - Halibut Ceviche
Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Couscous Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous (I used tricolor couscous)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock, divided
- 2 cups salsa ( I used a medium heat chunky style)
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, divided
- 1 can black beans.rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken tenders and then place them in the skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until no pink remains. Remove from pan, cool, and chop into bite sized pieces
- Meanwhile, in small pot, bring 1 cup chicken stock to boil. Add the couscous and stir quickly, then remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 to 7 minutes. Fluff with a fork, allow to cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, remaining chicken stock, salsa, 1 cup of the Sargento Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, black beans, corn, and chopped chicken. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and green onions.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 48 mins.
Tags: chicken, couscous, salsa, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, tomato, green onions, Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican, Chopped at Home contest, casserole,
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.
You can enter the “Chopped at Home” contest with your dish featuring the Sargento cheese,HERE.
Like what you see?Let's stay connected!