Grilled Pineapple Salsa - Grilled pineapple brings a sweet tangy twist to the salsa party.
Oh my dear salsa how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love you with chips
I love you in dips
I love you with rice
On tacos you're nice
Atop my tostada you're kean
Especially with cheese and sour cream
I stir you into beans
Whenever I have the means
Pretty much I will put you on anything on a fork.
You are oh so tasty in a salad
I am hungry
So this is the end of my ballad.
Uh so ya, that is pretty much how much I love salsa. Annnnnnd how much of a huge nerd I am. How may people do you know that write poetry about their food? Yup, that's me!
Hey, my Snap Chat name isn't kitchen geek for nuthin' ya know!
Annnnnnnnnnnnyway, let's get to the salsa shall we? Yes, let's!
I love mixing it up with my salsa, and that is another thing that makes it so awesome. You can use mango, peach, avocado, strawberry, heck I have even seen blueberry salsa!
But with this pineapple salsa I wanted to take it even farther by grilling it. Grilling season is launching here in Western Washington (which translated means that there are now pockets of sunshine that last long enough to grill without getting soaking wet) so of course my desire to throw everything on it has commenced. Plus, grilling adds that nice smoky flavors, and caramelizes the sugar of the pineapple to make it ever soooo tasty. It was hard for me to not just eat the grilled pineapple naked.
I mean the pineapple naked, without the rest of the salsa stuff.....
not me naked.......
OK, do me a favor.
Make this salsa and then you will understand what I mean!
1 year ago - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
2 years ago - Crispy Salmon Sliders with Lemon Dill Slaw
3 years ago - Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 2 (20-ounce)can of sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill pan or grill over high heat. Rub the grill with a bit of oil and grill each side of the pineapple slices until dark grill marks appear, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Roughly chop the pineapple and add it to a bowl with the cilantro, ginger, lime zest and juice, jalapeno and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: pineapple, cilantro, ginger, lime, jalapeno, onion, Mexican,
Do You Shop Amazon?When you start your Amazon shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!