Thai Chicken French Bread Pizza - Sweet and spicy, this Thai Chicken pizza will tantalize your taste buds and make family movie night a gourmet affair.
I am a pizza lover from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back. I think, if it had been up to my Dad, pizza would have been my first food after formula. As soon as I was able to hold a slice, I was happily munching away on cheese pizza with a huge smile on my face and, as I got older, family night out most often ended up with us eating at the local Shakey's Pizza (anyone else remember Shakey's?). Ya, pizza is pretty much in my DNA!
So, as I am sure you can understand, I am a tad pizza obsessed. I am always game to try the newest ones. Whether it be from one of the large pizza chains, or a small local pizza joint, I am always on the look out for something tasty and fun. Make it sweet, make it spicy, make it saucy, just make it, and I will gladly devour quite a few slices of it!
However, since we moved to the new house back in 2012, there is no, yes I will say it again, NO pizza places that deliver to us! Nope, nada, not one!! Now, I have to admit that bothered me quite a bit when I found out, and could have very well been a deal breaker when deciding if we were going to take this place or not! OK, maybe that was a bit of a stretch (kinda), I would never make a decision that big based on whether or not delivery food was available (maybe). But I will let you in on a little food blogger secret (no worries, I won't name names). Many of us will go through a day of cooking, and photographing, multiple recipes only to collapse exhausted at the end of the day and pick up the phone to order pizza. I know that might sound crazy, but it happens quite a bit. But since that option was taken away from me, I had to come up with an alternative plan for my pizza cravings, and this awesomeness was the answer!
Now, before you say "Hey Bobbi, you just said that you turned to delivery pizza as an answer to a long day of cooking. How in the heck does that work if you are cooking yet again?"
And that would be a good question!
Let me tell you my secret, and you are more than welcome to use it for yourself.
I make this chicken, and sauce, in large batches. Then toss them into zipper top bags. Yup, I just portion out enough for 2 pizzas (1 loaf of French bread), and freeze. Then when pizza time comes I just have to thaw, top, and bake. WALA fancy schmancy pizza in no time flat!
Now, on to this pizza. This has risen to the ranks of my A, #1, all time most fave pizza in the world!! It is sweet, spicy, cheesy, crunchy, pretty much everything you could ever want in a pizza right? I can seriously just about put away and entire half of it by myself! No joke!! That is how much I love this pizza.
So, if you are a fan of Thai flavors just like me, I can guarONtee (I have no idea why an Louisiana accent seemed appropriate for a Thai pizza there) that you will love love loooooooove this pizza.
And the plus is, if you plan ahead for multiple pizza nights like me, you can have it in under 30 minutes and NOT have to tip a driver!!
1 year ago - Garlicky Kale with Beans and Bacon
2 years ago - Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Sauce
3 years ago - Pasta e Fagioli
Thai Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can of light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoon red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste)
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- A large handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) bag finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 loaves french bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- Mix the yogurt, buttermilk, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish and add the chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Preferably overnight.
- Preheat out door grill, or indoor grill pan, to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken until done through (approx 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breast), or until an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Allow chicken to cool and shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, whisk the sauce ingredients over medium heat simmering for 5 minutes making sure to stir often to avoid the sauce sticking to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or silicone mat.
- Brush each of the french bread halves with the spicy peanut sauce (I used quite a bit), top with 1/4th of the chicken, and 1/4 of the red onion, red bell pepper, and green onions. Top with 1/4th of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas, 2 halves at a time, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro and a extra drizzle of Sriracha sauce if desired.
Prep Time: 02 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 2 hrs. 56 mins.
Tags: chicken, non-fat Greek yogurt, buttermilk, coconut milk, peanut butter, Sriracha sauce, red onion, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, bread, mozzarella cheese, pizza,
Do You Shop Amazon?When you start your Amazon shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!