Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups - these little beauties are healthy, and delicious, and perfect for your next fancy brunch, everyday breakfast, or even a #SundaySupper.
I know it seems like I am a tad breakfast obsessed lately, and that is quite possibly true. Between Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs, Chorizo Carbonara with my Homemade Chorizo, and Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Chives, there have been a whole lotta eggs crackin' in my kitchen.
I could blame it on Easter. I could say that I got eggs stuck in my head, and it all just kinda snowballed from there. But that would be a lie.
But I can't deny it,
or hide it any longer.
I will stand up and admit it.
Hi, my name is Bobbi and I am an egg addict and eat them every day.....no seriously. I have it bad!
If I am honest, part of it is because I have zero imagination when it comes to my daily breakfast. Oh, I am all sorts of inventive when it comes to special occasions, or when I am coming up with something to post here for y'all. But when it comes to the day in and day out, gotta shove something in my face to keep the stomach from screaming at me?
Ya ummm not so much.
I think, over the last couple of months, I have rotated 2 different breakfasts.
#1 - scrambled eggs with whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge and a sprinkle of cheese
#2 - my "cheater" huevos rancheros (not to be confused with these rockin' Heuvos Rancheros that you absolutely must try ASAP).
How do I make the choice? Well, it all boils down to if I am feeling like a runny yolk or not. Yup, that is it. Boring *yawn* ya that is my AM noshing routine.
So of course when I thought about what to make for a Red, White, and Blue themed Sunday Supper, my mind went to what breakfast dish could I make.
it is so bad.
But before you write me off as a lost cause, pause for a moment and take a gander at these Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups. Tell me that those bad boys don't tempt your taste buds. Of course they do! Roasted tomato with Italian sausage, egg, and a dusting of Parmesan cheese?
Oh ya, this is good stuff baby!
So while everyone else is focused on what they are going to BBQ this Memorial Day weekend, you can whip a few of these up for brunch and blow them all away!
2 years ago - "Healthified" Taco Dip
3 years ago - Chicken Nachos with Green Chili Cheese
Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups
- 4 large vine ripened tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- A handfull of fresh basil leaves
- 4 eggs
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off about 1/8 inch from top of each tomato with a sharp knife. Gently scrape out pulp and seeds with a spoon and discard them. Put tomatoes, cut sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet and season them inside with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the Italian sausage breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no pink remains. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each tomato. Top with a few torn basil leaves.
- Crack an egg into a small ramekin and carefully pour into a tomato. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Bake eggs in tomatoes until whites are set and yolks are still runny, 18 to 22 minutes.
Prep Time: 0 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: tomato, egg, Parmesan cheese, italian sausage, basil, shallot, garlic, Breakfast, #SundaySupper,
Do You Shop Amazon?Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma's Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline's Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca