Farmer's Market Potato Salad - This is not your typical potato salad! Full of roasted veggie goodness, it is the perfect dish for those farm stand finds.
Hey you guys, I kinda have a confession to make.
I am currently totally obsessed with roasted potatoes. I mean, like I am buying bags, and bags, and BAGS of potatoes multiple times a week!
Wait, scratch that. I mean Kevin is buying bags, and bags, and BAGS of them multiple times a week because he works right across the street from the store, and I have this nifty little app on my phone called "Our Groceries" that I loaded on his phone too. So I can add things to a grocery list at home and TADA it is on his phone ready and waiting for him to go to the store and buy them.
I big huge puffy heart it.
Oh well, ya can't please everybody right?
Buttttttttttttt, about this potato issue, I have it bad folks! I may need a program or something. Do they have Spud Lovers Anonymous? I have made 3 different kinds of potato salad, just this past week! Plus made roasted potatoes in foil, on a sheet pan, on the grill.....you get what I am saying?
So ya know that when I found out this weeks Sunday Supper (which is being hosted by the awesomeness that is DB Stuntman from Crazy Foodie Stunts, and the fabulous Colleen of Foodie Tots) was going to be all about Farm Stand Food I knew it was going to be a spudtacular one.
But don't think that just because I am in love with taters it means that I have shunned all other veggie type things. Oh no, that would be a big ol' negative Ghost Rider. It is not a monogamous relationship.
Case in point, my lunch as I sit here typing away, consists of homemade roasted jalapeno hummus (which will be on the blog soon because it is life changing!!), cucumber slices, baby carrots, celery, and the token carb, pita chips. #yummy
When I put on my thinking cap to figure out what I wanted to make for y'all that would cause maximum droolage, this idea popped into my head. Once it was in there I was like "Oh hey, where the heck have you been all of this time?".
I mean we have only been eating BBQ/picnic kinda food for the last ohhhh month! This is the perfect side for that kind of meal because there is zerrrrrrrrrro mayo in it. Love it!
It is full of amazing roasted veggie flavor + a bombtastic herb vinaigrette, it can be served hot/warm/cold, however you want it, and it is healthy!
So that would be a win/win/win right?
Sweeeeeet! I hit the foodie trifecta!
But don't just sit here and listen (or rather read) my blatherings. Get your rear to the store, or get that awesome app and send your significant other to the store *evil grin*, and buy the stuff you need to make this deliciousness.
I will wait for you, just give me a minute to get some more potato salad out of the fridge.
1 year ago - Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce
2 years ago - Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad
3 years ago - Champagne Poached Strawberries with Mascarpone
Farmers Market Potato Salad
Large Cutting Board
Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels (2 to 3 ears)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red onion, large diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh baby dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and set racks in the upper and lower portions of the oven.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Place the baking sheet on the lower rack, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, add corn and bake on the top rack for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and grape tomatoes on another baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake on the lower rack for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the veggies start to soften and brown a bit. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine shallot, garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, parsley, dill, and chives. Turn the processor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place roasted veggies and potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Garnish with more chopped herbs if wanted.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 80 mins.
Tags: potato, corn, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, tomato, shallot, garlic, parsley, chives, dill, vegetarian
*Cook's note - make sure to chop all of your veggies about the same size so they will cook evenly together.
Nutritional info from CalorieCount.com
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy.
Now for more delicious recipes, from the Sunday Supper tastemakers, that will make your farm stand foods shine:
Appetizers, Sides and Salads
- 8 Grain Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Farm Fresh Gazpacho by An Appealing Plan
- Farmer's Market Potato Salad by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Fennel and Orange Salad by Feeding Big - and more!
- Gazpacho Shooters with Avocado and Corn Salsa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Caprese by A Gouda Life
- Grilled Prosciutto Corn by Palatable Pastime
- Peach Caprese Salad by The Joyful Foodie
- Radish Top Pesto by Our Good Life
- Carrot Ravioli with Broccoli-Ricotta Filling by Caroline's Cooking
- Farmers Market Pizza by Simply Healthy Family
- Farmstand Kebobs with Tahini Dipping Sauce by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Halibut with Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Potatoes en Papillote by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spaghetti and Zoodles with Vegetable Bolognese by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pesto by Tasting Page
- Squash Blossom, Zucchini and Gouda Frittata by FoodieTots
- Sweet Corn Chowder with Crabmeat by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable and Chicken Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Ziti with Bacon and Greens by Cooking Chat
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Food Lust People Love
- Classic Peach Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dairy Free Peach Mango Lassis with Coconut Whipped Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Curd Raspberry Crumb Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Lemon Tart by Brunch with Joy
- Peach Berry Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Biscuits by Food Done Light
- Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Triple Cherry Crisp by Pies and Plots
Do You Shop Amazon?Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!