Buffalo Chicken Wontons - AKA Buffalo Blasts, these are a copycat version of one of my favorite Cheesecake Factory appetizers, and they are soooo hard to put down.
Hi dee hoooo my foodie friends! Today is an uber special day, and I am so glad that you are here to join in all of the fun. What is the big deal? Well, I will tell you.
It is my friend Isabel's birthday *raise the roof*
I have known Isabel (aka Family Foodie) for about 3 years now. She messaged me one day on Facebook and asked if I wanted to be a part of a group she was putting together. She said it was called "Sunday Supper" and was all about encouraging people to go back to the days when familes would gather around the family table (instead of in front of the T.V. with their phones and iPads and laptops) to share a meal.
Not only was I flattered that she asked, I was still pretty much a "baby blogger" and was a bit lost and clueless, but I was so excited about the goal of the group. I have always loved having the entire family gathered around the table for a meal.
Of course in my house that means complete chaoss. Hands grabbing across the table, everyone talking at once, the dog getting fed under the table, and a ton of dishes. But those are the times that make me the happiest.
Either I am a glutton for punishment, or I love my family.
Yaaaa, it is the family thing.
So the whole Sunday Supper family decided that, since we can't all physically be together (which would be aawwwwwsome), we would throw a virtual surpise birthday bash for our favorite foodie. Yup, she had no idea we were doing this.
I really wanted to bring a dish that would be a fun party kinda nibble. After racking my brain a bit, I emembered that there were a couple places my kids loved to go for their birthday when we lived in San Diego.
One was The Spaghetti Factory (Hellooooo Pasta a la Homer), the other was The Cheesecake Factory.
Have you ever been there? You walk in to a kabillion and one different types of cheesecake...before you even get to the table! So you know that have to have some pretty good food to keep people from just ordering a entire cheesecake and calling it a meal. Or maybe that is just me that would do that?
Anywhoo, their menu is HUGE, I seriously feel bad for anyone that works there I would never be able to remember all of those dishes, and I rarely made it out of the appetizer area. One of the whole familes faves were thier Buffalo Blasts. Crispy wontons filled with buffalo chicken and dipped in blue cheese or ranch dressing. OhhEmmGeeee YUM!!
Buffalo Blasts it will be!
So I bring you these amazing Buffalo Chicken Wontons!
And a warning.....make sure there are other people with you when you are making these. I was alone when I made the first batch and ate them just about as fast as they came out of the pan. You also must must MUST make this Creamy Blue Cheese Dip. The two together?
Nibbles nirvana *swoon*
So my amazing friend Isabel, I hope you enjoy these wontons, and your birthday bash. We all love you very very much!!!
2 years ago - Hot Reuben Dip
3 years ago - Open Face Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar/jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup wing sauce
- Wonton wrappers
- 1 egg. lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce, for serving
- Creamy blue cheese dip, for serving
- Mix together the shredded chicken, monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface, and spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the buffalo chicken mixture into the center of the wonton. Lightly moisten the edge of the wonton wrapper with water, and fold 1 corner diagonally across to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the wrapper together at the seam to seal. Make sure they are sealed tightly.
- Lightly brush the wonton with egg white, and dip the wonton into breadcrumbs on both sides to coat. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350ºF. Fry wontons in batches for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and golden brown. Place wontons on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil, and serve warm with celery, buffalo wing sauce, and creamy blue cheese dip.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: chicken, cheese, egg, appetizer
Slightly adapted from Pop Sugar
*Notes - If needed, you can freese the wontons. Do not use the egg wash or bread crumbs. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the uncooked wontons in a single layer. Put the baking sheet into the freezer and allow the wontons to freeze. Remove the forzen wontons and place them into a zipper top freezer bag.
When you want to cook them, allow the wontons to thaw at room temperature. Then proceed from step 3.
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee's Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma's Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Do You Shop Amazon?Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!