OK, I have a serious question?
Do you believe in ghosts?
I am not talking about the big scary crazy ones like you see in the movie 13 Ghosts (OhhEmmGeee that movie scares the beegeezus out of me!!). I am talking about the mischievous ones that like to do little things just to make you think you are going crazy?
Some people call them poltergeists, or gremlins I guess?
Well, whatever you want to call them, I have them!!
Seriously, I am not nuts people (although that fact might be under debate with a few people)!
The reason I ask this is that I am pretty sure I have one of those little buggers here, and he or she is a total brat!
When we first moved in I had a set of tongs, that I had just gotten, disappear. Now, were we still living with all of the kids, that wouldn't surprise me. But with it just being Kevin and I.....I even accused him of hiding them just to make me crazy He swore to me that he didn't.
Then, more things started disappearing. The last being my 1/3 cup measurer.
At this point nothing surprises me. I am just like "Oh, the ghost got one more thing". Butttttttt guess what just showed up in my drawer yesterday?
The 1/3 cup measurer!!
I had just been in that drawer the night before!
So now even Kevin is a believer, but I am feeling like I need to call one of those ghost investigator shows before this thing hides my favorite soup pot or my Kitchenaid from me!!
Annndd that thought made me think that I need to bake something, and thinking about baking something made me realize that I haven't made very many pumpkin recipes, and that is how I decided to make this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake.
Did you follow my logic there?
Don't worry, I lose myself sometimes too
But don't let my lack of direct logic derail you from this deliciousness that is this bread! Moist, cakey, pumpkiny, chocolatey, it has it all, and you may want to eat it all by yourself.
But please share, it is toooo good not to.
Plus it will get you major points, which you can then apply to getting things done for you.
I love it when I have points!!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree (can use a 15-ounce can)
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion. In a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, spoon chocolate batter, then top with pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Total time: 1 hrs. 35 mins.
Tags: pumpkin, chocolate, cake
If you like this recipe, you might enjoy these too.
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!