I want to thank Certified Angus Beef ® brand for sponsoring this post. We seriously you!
Are y'all ready for the holidays?
I am chomping at the bit!
I mean like ready to lose my mind totally wanting them to get here NOW!
I have sooo many childhood memories of big extravagant holiday meals. My Grandparents usually hosted the meals, and I can remember a table that went on for, what seemed like, forever. Covered in dish after dish of delicious goodness. There was always a big platter of some type of meat at the very end, right in front of my Grandfather, and he would dole out the portions like Santa giving out gifts.
I loved it all, but what would make me the happiest was when I saw a rib roast at the end of that table! Aaahhhh it was heaven to this girl. Which made my Grandfather, and Father, extremely proud. You see, they were born and raised midwest beef eaters and, in their minds, it really wasn't a meal if there wasn't beef on the table.
But when it came time for me to prepare those holiday meals I always shied away from tackling that roast. I have zero idea why, but the thought of tackling that big ol' hunk o' beef scared the beegeezus out of me!
How about you? Do you have "roastphobia"?
Would you be surprised if I told you that most people do?
And just why exactly aren’t they roasting?
Well, about 20% say they don’t know how, and more than 30% say they don’t have time. I know I fell into these categories 100% I didn't know what in the heck I was doing
Butttttttttttt, what if I told you that didn't have to be an issue anymore? Would you love me forever? Nevermind, you already do right? So, let me tell you that "roastphobia" can be a thing of the past!
There is a handy dandy little app called Roast Perfect that you can find in iTunes or Google Play. Bonus is, it is F R E E!!
With this app you can;
- Choose the best roast for your meal. Special occasion roasts, or your regular weeknight or Sunday supper.
- Calculate portion sizes and how much to buy for your table
- Learn how to prepare and serve the perfect roast
- Video tutorials
- Step-by-step tips
- Recipes for delicious roasts and side dishes – chef-tested but easy to make at home
Plus there is an interactive timer that tells you exactly how long to roast to your desired doneness
You have no clue how much I this app! It takes all of the nervousness out of making sure my roast is the perfect centerpiece of whatever meal it is a part of. Just take a look at the glorious roast right there. That baby was made perfect by using the Roast Perfect app.
Now, can I just take a minute here and gush about why we love Certified Angus Beef ® brand so much?
OK so #1 is the fact that Certified Angus Beef ® brand supports local farmers and ranchers in small communities across the country, which makes this girls heart so very happy. #supportlocal
Then Certified Angus Beef ® brand is more selective than USDA Choice and Prime. There are 10 very precise standards that every cut must meet. Plus their meat is known for its marbling.
What does that mean?
That means it will have amazing flavor, juiciness and tenderness.Certified Angus Beef ® brand's standards are so high that only 1 in 4 Angus cattle make the cut. Their ranchers don't just raise “Angus” beef, they raise the the best Angus beef out there!
So people, no more fear! Go forth and purchase your beef, downloadeth the Roast Perfect app, and be the rock star of noms to your family and friends!
For great beef recipes and cooking tips, visit CertifiedAngusBeef.com.
Follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Periscope and Pinterest; or check out their blog GoRare.com.
Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® brand boneless rib roast
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 heads of roasted garlic ( ), mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper and salt. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and season it with salt and pepper. Roast the meat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Brush the mustard mixture all over the top and sides of the meat and return to the oven
- Roast for about 1 1/2 hours longer, or until an internal thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 125 degrees F (for medium rare) or 135 degrees F (medium). Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover it loosely with foil and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 45 mins.
Tags: beef, holiday
Now on to more delicious holiday roasting ideas with Certified Angus Beef ® brand from our fabulous Sunday Supper tastemakers!
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter's Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!