A big thank you to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post You are awesome!
You guys! Uuuhhh!! There.Are.No.Words.....
This is one of those "OhhhEmmmGeeee I am in a hurry, what in the heck am I gonna get on the table" dishes.
You know what I am talking about right? Those days when work, kids, appointments, activities, all keep you running until whoopsieeeeee it is time to get dinner on the table.
Now, to be honest, I work at home, I have no kids to deal with (unless you count the G-baby on Fridays), and we have no activities, butttttttt I do get side tracked, and forgetful, with my head buried in the computer, or cookbooks, and then I hear the question.
What's for dinner?
Uuhhhhh, holy bad time management Batman
What do you do in that situation? I know, back in the day, I used to grab for a box of something. Or maybe something breaded and frozen to shove in my oven.
There is always delivery pizza #goodbyewaistline
Orrrr, the absent-minded, ADD blogger's best friend, Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken
Pardon my swooning.
OK, to say I was super stoked to be given the opportunity to check out Foster Farms new Sauté Ready chicken is a bit of an understatement.
A- Because I love, love, LOVE Foster Farms, and they have been my chicken of choice for years. They don't use steroids or hormones, which makes this girlie a happy camper.
And B- Because this is one of those great meal-in-a-hurry products that I can totally get behind. This isn't boxed food with weird powders that you really have no idea what the true ingredients are. Oh no, this is real food! 100% natural, 98% fat free, honest to gosh chicken, that is pre-cut and marinated for you. PLUS you don't have to thaw it.
Hold up, did you hear that?
There is nothing else out there like this people! I mean, a quick and easy, healthy homemade meal choice that gives you 21 grams of protein per serving, and cooks up in 10 minutes? Sauté it with some veggies, or make some pasta and sauce, and BOOM dinner! That is just rock star status right there!
The hardest part about getting dinner ready was choosing which one of the 3 flavors they have – Fajita, Garlic Herb, or Asian style. They all come in a handy dandy 1.75-pound resealable bag.
Cue Jeopardy music as I stand in front of the freezer trying to decide.
Y'all now I am a Mexican food freak, and I have done quite a few Asian inspired dishes lately, so I decided to go with the Garlic Herb.
Gotta get my Italianish groove on.
Now, what is my second fave food? Mac and cheese baby!
So of course I had to bring you a cheesy pasta dish right? Annnnnd I wanted to do a one pot dealio for you because if you are scrambling for time to cook, the last thing you want is a ton of dishes after right?
There really isn't anything better than being able to go from zero to hero by getting this healthy weeknight meal on the table for your hungry fam in less than 30 minutes.
So grab your $2 off coupon, and jet your lil' hiney down to the store to snap up a few bags of this Foster Farms Sauté Ready chicken!
One Pot Cheesy Italian Chicken and Pasta
By Bobbi Burleson
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bag of Foster Farms Sauté Ready Garlic Herb chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh leaf parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken, onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is separated and cooked on all sides, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover until pasta is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
3. Stir in cheese 1 cup of the cheese, just until melted through. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: chicken, Italian, quick and easy, 30 minute meals, Foster Farms Sauté Ready
If you like this recipe, you might enjoy these too.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Sauté Ready, all opinions are my own.
I helped create a cookbook!
Let's stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.