This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Which means I earn a small percentage of any purchases you may make if you click on them. This helps support my blog and allows me to keep sharing my recipes with you, so thank you so much for your support!
OK, I am putting on my Santa hat and bringing you a list of foodie type stuff that I either use, or wish I had. Hopefully my Santa will be reading this post so he can get it right this year too
My Top 4
- J.A. Henckels Classic 8-inch Chef's Knife - I was told, when I first started this whole cooking dealio, that the most important thing to start with is a good chefs knife. Well I worked my way through quite a few different ones and this one is, hands down, my favorite.
- Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget Slow Cooker - Y'all know how much I love using my slow cooker. Just a few months ago I found this awesomeness and fell in love. There is more programmable flexibility, plus the thermometer let's you set if for internal temp, instead of time.
- KitchenAid Immersion Blender Set - I don't know how I ever made creamy soups, sauces, vinaigrettes, or aiolis before I had this in my life. I it very much.
- Le Creuset French (round) Oven - I have had this for 10 years, use it all of the time, and wish I had a whole set! You can braise and roast in it, and it is my go to soup and stew pot.
Fun Gifts Under $25
- I am in love with this Mason Jar Measuring Cup Set. It is too ding dang cute. I doubt there is a foodie out there that wouldn't love this gift.
- I love things that seem vintage or antique, so I would love to find these Painted Measuring Spoons in my stocking Christmas day.
- We all want to dabble in different flavor profiles, but feel like it is crazy to buy spices we aren't sure of, that is why this Indian Spice Sampler Gift Set is the perfect gift for your foodie.
- I just recently tried some different flavored sea salts, and fell in love with them. Oh the things I could do with this Gourmet Sea Salt Gift Pack!
My Must Haves
- Le Creuset Silicone Spatula Set - I can not live without my spatulas. I use them with just about every recipe I make. I also tend to lay them down (or drop them) so multiples are a must as well. These last forever too.
- Cast Iron Skillets - From steaks, to roasts, potatoes, and more, these skillets get quite the work out in my kitchen.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer - Santa brought this to me for Christmas 6 years ago and it never leaves my kitchen counter. Every foodie needs one of these. Plus they make a bazillion attachments for it so you can have a pasta maker, meat grinder, and ice cream machine, all in one!
- Microplane - I use my microplane for so many things. Zesting, grating ginger, garlic, nutmeg, parmesan cheese, chocolate, and the list goes on and on.
- Cuisinart Food Processor - This food processor has been in my kitchen, going strong, for over 10 years. With all of the salsa, hummus, dips, and more that I make, this has a permanent place on the counter right next to my KitchenAid.
- Large Wood Cutting Board - I have a ton, and I mean a serious ton, of cutting boards. But this one is large (30 x 20 inches) and stays on my countertop for all of my heavy duty chopping. It is like a mini portable butcher block.
- Electric Wine Bottle Opener - My son bought me one of these for Christmas 7 years ago and, even though it gets quite the workout, it is still going strong. I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to a regular corkscrew! It is a must have for your wino errr wine lover.
- Bradley Electric Smoker - This is the gift that will make your foodie fella flip his lid. I know it is on Kevin's wish list. I do feel bad that he is still using our old rusty hand-me-down offset smoker, but I am just trying to decide if he has been a good enough boy or not
- 19 Piece Stainless Steel BBQ Tool Set with Case - Just say that to your guy and watch his eyes light up. This was my Father's Day present to Kevin and he still smiles every time he uses them. #winning
- "Smokin'" with Myron Mixon - He is one of the most winning BBQ chefs out there, and this is the inside scoop on how he does it. I swear Kevin used to sleep with this cookbook under his bed!
- Aero Herb Garden - I live in Washington State and, although I love living here, it is rough when it comes to wanting to grow my own herbs. I have about a 4 month window and then I am back to buying them at the store. I want one of these soooooo bad!
- iDevices Kitchen Thermometer - I just recently spent a wonderful weekend, with 19 of my favorite bloggers, at the Certified Angus Beef brand headquarters in Wooster, OH, and their chefs showed us this handy dandy little gadget. You just plug it into the meat you are cooking and monitor it from your smart phone. How awesome is that?!
- Precision Pro Kitchen Scale - I have a cheapo little kitchen scale that is a total pain to use. I love the oblong design to this scale and clear digital display. Plus it goes to 11 pounds so I would never have to guess if it is 6 pounds of potatoes (hello holiday cooking) or not again.
- I could list a kabillion cookbooks here for you. I have a ton! But my newest is Ally's Kitchen, and I love it. Not only does it have a ton of wonderful recipes that vary in cuisines, there is the most amazing photography, and stories from Ally's travels.
- OK, I am not going to lie, part of the reason this cookbook is listed is because there are 4 of my recipes in it but, that is not the main reason. I always have a hard time finding different and exciting recipes for my veggies. I will search Pinterest or do Google searches, but that takes so much time. The Casual Veggie is a collaboration between 47 food bloggers! There are over 160 recipes, for 29 different veggies, all in one place, no searching required (unless you are like me and forget where you put things!).
- Le Creuset 12 x 9 Casserole Dish - You already know I love Le Creuset. Their product is so well made, and lasts forever. I don't know any foodie, female or otherwise, that wouldn't love a pretty red Le Creuset. I know it is on my list!
- Anolon Bronze 9 piece Non-Stick Set - I was just at a conference where they showed this new product and I.AM.IN.LOVE!! It is so well made and let's face it, it is pretty too so us girlies will love it even more.
So there you have it, the 2015 Gift Guide. I hope you found it helpful. I would love to hear what your favorite item is!!
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!