First thing, let's all say a big ol' thank you to Gallo Family Vineyards for sponsoring this post We them!
People! Is this month flying by or what?
I feel like I just cleaned up from Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner. Like less than 2 weeks away around the corner!
I still have shopping to do, presents to wrap, cookies to bake, a menu to plan,
and apparently a slight nervous breakdown to go through !
Ppffftttt ya, no sweat I got this!
What do we need?
I am not going to go crazy with the menu this year. I am making a nice beef roast, with some horseradish au gratin potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts from my garden, creamed corn, and rolls. I am not sure what I will be making for dessert yet. I was thinking some egg noggy kind of thing? What do you think?
I do know that we will be starting off with this deeeelish dip. We are all about cheese in this family, and most of us dig Mexican flavors. Although I do have to admit that Kevin does get on the chile bandwagon with us, so he enjoys this dip as much as the rest of us. But what isn't there to love? Warm, melty, gooey cheese, with a bit of a pepper kick, on crispy crunchy tortilla chips?
Heck ya! Sign me up!!
Of course you can't start off, or finish for that matter, a holiday get together without some yummy Gallo Family wine.
This year I think I will be serving Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Their Pinot Grigio is my fave white wine! It is a light, crisp wine, with hints of citrus, along with some green apple, and a bit of peach. I absolutely adore it with rich or spicy food, so it will be the perfect sidekick to this dip. It also goes great with things like grilled poultry and salads.
But for the main course I will be breaking out my favorite red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon. There is nothing, in my mind, that goes with roasted or grilled beef better than this yummy red. It is kinda like the peanut butter and jelly of the wine world Those flavors of blackberries and black currant, with a kiss of oak? Oh yessssss, it will be the perfect pairing! But it doesn't just complement meats, it goes perfectly with big bold cheeses, or dark chocolate.
Now you see why I love it so much? It is pretty much the wine for my life's menu. Meat, cheese, chocolate.....I am happy! Well, maybe throw some pasta in there, but you get the picture right?
Have you planned your holiday meal yet? What will you be serving?
If you are still looking for some nomtastic ideas, make sure to check out the other fab recipes and wine pairing ideas from the other Sunday Supper tastemakers just below the recipe.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, see their snaps on Instagram, and watch their videos on YouTube for more ideas and updates. Finally, find even more ideas for dishes and wine pairings, check out the Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog.
Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette
- 8 oz block regular cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cubed white american cheese (found in deli)
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Tortilla chips
- In a slow cooker combine the cheeses, salsa, salt, pepper, and milk. Cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir the mixture until well combined and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Keep cheese dip in the slow cooker on the warm setting.
- Spoon into a bowl when ready to serve and swirl the salsa verde on top with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve with chips.
Total time: 1 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: appetizer, dip, cheese, slow cooker
Gallo Family Vineyards is committed to helping Meals on Wheels America to improve the health and quality of life for the seniors they serve. For the sixth year in a row, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with our annual Every Cork Counts™ program. We’re donating $1 for every cork submitted through their website or snail mail. All Gallo Family fans have to do is snap a picture, or send their corks!
Now check out the other amazing holiday pairings the the rest of the Sunday Supper gang!
- Bacon Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Ball from Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Brie with Cranberries & Almonds from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Best Bar Nuts from Shockingly Delicious
- Lamb Seekh Kebabs from Soni's Food
- Mediterranean Turkey Pita Bites from Magnolia Days
- Roasted Garlic Onion Dip from Food Done Light
- Roasted Cranberry Crostini from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Cheese Crostini from Fearless Dining
- Italian Hoagie Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roast Duck with Mole Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Seafood Cannelloni from Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Bread Pudding from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chocolate Cups Filled with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Berries from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse from Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Truffles from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Panna Cotta from The Freshman Cook
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Orange Scented Whipped Cream from Recipe for Perfection
- Dark Cherry Chocolate Cheese Danish from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!