How are you this fine Tuesday AM..errrrrr PM.....errr is it Tuesday where you are? The whole time thingy gets me all confused. Are you 3 hours ahead, 1 hour behind, am I standing on my head? #blond
Sorry if I seem even weirder than usual today. I woke up at midnight yesterday with the migraine from hell! I can't remember the last time I had a migraine that confined me to a room, with the blinds closed, for 24 hours. So today I am up and running and raring to go! I feel like I could cook 4 meals, clean the house, and do the laundry.
However, the only things I have seemed to accomplish is breakfast, watching the first episode of this season of Dancing with the Stars #dontjudge And writing this post.
But looking at that big ol baking sheet full of tender potatoes, sweet onions, and lemony, herby chicken...Ahhhhh I just want to run, not walk, into the kitchen and whip up another batch of it right now!
I have been working on sheet pan and one pot meals for you guys. So many of you have asked for easy to make weeknight meals. This one started out as a skillet meal, but required the marinade, then searing the chicken, sauteing the onions and garlic, getting everything back into the skillet, and then into the oven.
After a couple trial runs, I decided that was too much work. We loved the flavor, but hated having so many steps, and more dishes to wash. Soooooo I decided to whip out the ol' sheet pan and give it a whirl.
BINGO, that was the answer. It might take a bit of time, but for the most part it is inactive time. So you can take care of homework, or pay those bills (eeewwww did I say bills ), while your house fills up with the amazing smell of this sheet pan supper cooking.
And when I say amazing, I really mean amazeballs!!
OK, I am craving it again!
Another plus is, if you have leftovers you can throw together a deeelish lemony chicken salad #drooling
But I seriously doubt you will have leftovers!
OK, back to Dancing with the Stars. Charo just tried to attack the judges! #waycray
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken is delicious, and with very few steps, and one pan, it makes the perfect weeknight, or Sunday supper meal that your whole family will love
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 lemons, 1 juiced, 3 sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved (or quartered if larger)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zipper top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and close the bag. Mix the chicken in the bag to make sure it is all covered with the marinade. Place the bag on the counter, turning occasionally for an hour.
- Drizzle olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet and scatter the potatoes and onions on, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place the chicken thighs on top and slide the lemon slices in between them. Pour remaining marinade across the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- If you want the skin darker, place baking sheet under a broiler for a few minutes, until the skin has crisped up. DO NOT walk away during this process or the chicken might burn.
Prep Time: 01 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 2 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: chicken, potatoes, sheet pan supper, one pan meal, weeknight meal
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy these.
I helped create a cookbook!
Do You Shop Amazon?
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.