Oh bacon, cheddar, and apple paninis, where have you been all of my life? Your crunchy, cheesy, salty, tanginess, is bringing so much joy into my life (and my mouth)!
Seriously, I don't think I will ever be able to go back to ham sandwiches again, I am sorry ham sandwiches, it's not you it's....
...no wait, it IS you!
If you only tickled my tastebuds like these paninis, we would still be on talking terms. But really? Soft bread, soft, meat, bland mayo, soft cheese? The only crunch you offer is lettuce, and forget about sweet, salty, and tangy.
Which after eating this sandwich I am firmly convinced my next grandchildren should be named because I them so much!
Nope, this panini is totally legitl, and I have been happily eating it for lunch, over and over again, for I have lost track of how many days.
Aside from my obsession with this delicious sammies, I have been spending a lot of time trying to get 2016 organized. I know, I know, it is almost the end of February. But you have to understand that I was usually a kind of "fly by the seat of my pants" girl when it came to blogging, and the things that it entails. I was never been one to plan recipes on the seasons, or what holidays are coming up. I just made what sounded good, and what I though y'all might like.
OK, wait, that was a fib. I do plan Thanksgiving and Christmas posts. But I am never on top of it, like most savvy bloggers, and get them posted early so you can have some time to use them. I guess you are supposed to post holiday themed posts a couple months ahead of the actual holiday.
Aside for oh, a billion other bloggers.
*sigh* ya, I am a bit slow
PLUS I am #drumroll Working on an e-cookbook yay!!
Yes after a year or so of people trying to get me of my butt to write one, I decided I should do it.
I actually have a few themes rambling around my head, so I would looooooove your input.
Which would you like to see first?
Slow Cooker Meals, Soups, or Mac and Cheese?
Or, what kind of theme would you like to see?
Help me out gang, I really want to get this right! Your opinions always mean so much to me
So leave me a comment and tell me what you are thinkin' OK?
Bacon, Cheddar, and Apple Panini Bites
Salty, crunchy, tangy, and sweet, this panini has it all!
- 1/2 cup Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 8 slices thick cut rustic bread
- 8 thin slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
Large Cutting Board
Large Cast Iron Grill Pan
Cast Iron Skillet
- Spread chutney on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Layer 4 slices of bread with the cheese, bacon, and apple.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread, chutney side down.
- Heat a 12" grill pan (or panini press) over medium heat. Brush outside of the sandwiches lightly with oil. Place 2 sandwiches on the pan and place a skillet or dutch oven on top of them to press them down.
- Cook until bread is golden brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted, about 8 minutes, flipping sandwiches halfway through cooking time.
- Slice each sandwich into strips and serve.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 18 mins.
Tags: bacon, apple, cheese, sandwich, lunch, snack
Nutritional info via CalorieCount.com
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!