I am soo looking forward to this weekend. The BIG game, the Super Bowl, yes yes yes!!
OK, yes, I am a bit of a football nut, but I just can't help it. Football and NASCAR , that is my thang. Other than that, I could take or leave sports.
Hockey? I just don't get it.
Don't even get me going on tennis and golf! Kevin likes to watch them, I would rather watch paint dry!
Not saying there is anything wrong with you if you don't feel the same, it is just how I roll.
BUT, I will make an exception to the situation, ifffff you have delicious snacks available. Hey, what can I say? I am easily tempted with yummy treats. You can watch the TV while I hoover the snack table!
THIS snack my dear friends, falls right into that yummy realm!! While I was making it my whole house smelled like a pizzeria
You see, there is a pizza sauce like seasoning allllll over that crunchy goodness!
Aaannnnndddd there are mini pepperoni in there, yes I said mini pepperoni! Holla
I had the gang over for the a little get together yesterday. I made a big ol' batch of Pink Prosecco Punch (I need to get that recipe on here), some Cheesy Artichoke and Crab Dip, Tex-Mex Black Bean Quinoa Salad (recipe next week), and Jambalaya Pasta with Crawfish and Sausage. They love everything, but came back to ask if I had any more of the party mix left. Leave it to my kids to zero in on the snack food before the healthy stuff
Luckily this recipe makes a TON! Two baking sheets full of pizza-y goodness, you will be snacking all game long.
Unless you have someone like me that hoovers the snack table!
Pizza Party Mix
Between the crunchy cereal squares, salty pretzels, and crispy little mini pepperoni, this snack mix is a guaranteed touchdown every time!
- 3 cups rice cereal squares
- 3 cups corn cereal squares
- 3 cups wheat cereal squares
- 1 7-ounce box Parmesan cheese crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 5-ounce bag of mini pepperoni slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, corn and wheat cereal squares, cheese crackers, pretzel sticks and pepperoni slices.
- Melt the butter a small pot over medium heat. Whisk in the tomato paste, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and gently toss until everything is coated. Spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then pour into a serving bowl and gently toss with the Parmesan.
- Store leftover in an airtight container.
Small sauce pan
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: appetizer, snacks, Super Bowl, football, party
Nutritional info via Calorie Count
Make sure to check out my page on Parade Magazine's Community Table
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!